Monday, February 15, 2010

Hack Day Open House

This Saturday, I'm opening up my house for a day of making stuff.
Justification: It's cold out, and there's a limit to the mess they'll let you make in a coffee shop.

Details:
1207 95th Avenue West Rock Island IL 61201
Saturday, February 20, 2010 from 9 am - 7pm (times approximate, show up for any part)

Free parking in the street. I'll have snacks/drinks out all day. Residential internet access available wired and wireless. Several old workstations with WinXP/Debian and dev tools, some exotic hardware including SUN, SGI, Alpha Hand tools, Dremel, soldering iron, lock picks, some high voltage gear, other miscellany available for use.

Bring:
your selves, interested friends and family
your projects, technology, questions, interests, skills, etc.

Some specifics:
I'm looking for more junk printers, servos, stepper motors, and related for 3D printer work.
You'll likely want your laptop/phone
Food and drink, if you wish.

Got a project in mind? I'll post any ideas I'm sent here to help gauge interests.
Got a question/request about the setup? I'll try to accommodate.

No comments: